What is a photo zine?
A zine (/ziːn/ ZEEN; short for magazine or fanzine) is a small-circulation self-published work of original or appropriated texts and images, usually reproduced via photocopier. Zines are the product of either a single person or of a very small group, and are popularly photocopied into physical prints for circulation.
How much does it cost to make a zine?
User-Friendly Urbanism Costs
$1,087 total for 100 zines → $10.87 each. $1,489 total** for 200 zines → $7.45 each. $1,891 total** for 300 zines → $6.30 each.
What should I make a zine about?
51 Ideas for Your Next Zine
- Your life! Yep, start a perzine.
- Mental health/mental illness.
- A physical condition/illness.
- Politcal zine.
- A holiday, road trip, etc.
- Moving house/self/etc.
- Your favourite animal, species, pet.
- Zine reviews.
How many pages can a zine be?
Page count varies from as few as 8 pages and up. The traditional binding process for zine printing is saddle stitching, which can accommodate a publication of up to 92 pages.
How do I get a zine published?
Ten tips for publishing your own zine
- Write something people actually want to read. …
- Work out your goals. …
- Surround yourself by a small, reliable team. …
- Get acquainted with the Sticky Institute photocopiers (and staff) …
- Find local, independent bookshops willing to stock your product. …
- Attend other zine launches. …
- Hold your launch party at a bar that doesn’t charge.
Are zines still a thing?
Zines are still alive.
What does a zine contain?
Zines can touch on a variety of topics from music and art, to politics, sexuality, humor and personal memoir. Their content may be written, drawn, printed, collaged, or any other form of combining words and imagery—a zine’s structure may be narrative, journalistic, comic-like, or completely abstract.
What do fanzines include?
Comics fanzines often include fan artwork based on existing characters as well as discussion of the history of comics.
Are zines free?
Sprout Distro distributes and publishes zines, primarily about topics relating to anarchy. Most of their zines are available entirely for free as PDFs. Their subjects range from accountability and consent to legal issues to protesting advice. PDFs labeled for reading are easy to read as downloads or in your browser.
How do I make a zine in Word?
Create a booklet or book
- Go to Layout and select the Page Setup dialog launch icon at the bottom-right corner.
- On the Margins tab, change the setting for Multiple pages to Book fold. …
- Select and increase the value of Gutter to reserve space on the inside fold for binding.
- Go to the Paper tab and select the Paper size. …
- Click OK.