How do you attach art to backing board?
The way I do it is to take two pieces of artists’ tape and stick them to the edge of the mat board, at the top, with half of the pieces hanging off the edge. 7. Then lay the edge of the piece of foam board against the mat board as shown, and use the pieces of tape to secure them together.
How do you mount a piece of art?
How to Mount Your Art with Matboards
- Never tape on the front of the art work, use a T-Hinge.
- Only tape the top of the art, allow the art work to float and flex.
- Use plastic gloves to prevent spreading oils and dirt to the art work when handling.
What is backing board for picture frames?
Backing boards come in any size. Backing is used to provide support and protection for your artwork, either in a picture frame or as a standalone product in a show kit. We offer economy pressboard, standard matboard backing, archival quality backing, foam board (regular and acid-free) as well self-adhesive archival.
How do you mount a floating print?
- Step 1 -Cut the mat-board to the size as the backboard of the frame. …
- Step 2 – Cut a piece of foam-core about 1/4″ smaller than your art. …
- Step 3 – Tape the art to the foam-core. …
- Step 4 – Tape the foam-core and art to the mat-board. …
- Step 5 – Measure, cut and insert the acrylic spacers. …
- Step 6 – Assemble your frame together.
What is dry mounting a photo?
Dry mounting works by placing a special adhesive tissue between the photograph and the mount board. It is then placed in a special press that will apply pressure either mechanically or with a vacuum to press the artwork against the mount board while applying a high temperature to activate the adhesive in the tissue.
How do I make a dry mount?
Put a few drops of liquid in the concavity, and add water to thin it out if necessary. A dry mount slide can be prepared in a very similar way to wet mounts, except without the water. Place the object in the middle of the slide, and holding the cover slip at an angle, carefully set it on top.