How do I choose an iPhoto library?
Start iPhoto by holding down the option key and double clicking on the application. iPhoto will start with the following dialog box. Select one of the iPhoto libraries listed in the dialog box, or use the “Other Library” button to select an iPhoto library not listed.
How do I use System photo library?
The system library is also the only library that can be synced with iCloud. To specify which library you want to be the system photo library, open the library in Photos, open the preferences window, and click the “Use as System Photo Library” button.
How do I select my photo library on Mac?
If you have multiple libraries, here’s how to open a different one:
- Quit Photos.
- Press and hold the Option key while you open Photos.
- Select the library that you want to open, then click Choose Library.
Where are iPhoto photos stored?
And typically this is stored in your pictures folder in your user settings. Click right here in the Finder application. You will see the iPhoto Library.
How do I move my iPhoto library to photos?
To use the export method:
- Open up the first iPhoto library.
- Select the photos you want to move.
- Choose “Export” from the menu.
- Select either Current (exports with edits) or Original.
- Select a folder to export the images to.
- Import the photos to an existing Photos library.
- Repeat for each iPhoto Library.
How do I switch between libraries in photos?
Fortunately, it’s easy to switch between multiple libraries.
- Make sure that Photos is not open (quit if it is).
- Hold down the Option key on your keyboard.
- Double-click on Photos.
- Click on the name of the library you want to open.
Where is the photo library on my phone?
Here are the steps to View Google Photos Library in Google Drive:
- Download and install Google Drive app on your Android or iOS device from the App store & launch it.
- Open Google Drives app on your Android or iOS device.
- Tap “Menu” icon located at the top left corner on the screen.
- Tap “Google Photos”.
How do I change my photo library?
Designate a System Photo Library in Photos
- Quit Photos.
- Hold down the Option key and open Photos. …
- Choose the library you want to designate as the System Photo Library.
- After Photos opens the library, choose Photos > Preferences from the menu bar.
- Click the General tab.
- Click the Use as System Photo Library button.
What is the difference between iPhoto library and photos library on Mac?
That said, the difference is simple: iPhoto makes changes only to the iPhoto Library. Photos makes changes only to the Photos Library.
How do I organize my iPhone photos on my Mac?
Organizing iPhone Photos on a Mac with iCloud Photo Library
- Check to make sure you’ve downloaded the latest version of the OS X Server. …
- Go to the Apple Menu and choose ‘System Preferences. …
- Click iCloud Drive.
- Enter your Apple ID. …
- Check the box next to ‘Photos,’ and your devices will sync.
How do I manage large photo library on Mac?
Hold the option (or alt) key when launching Photos and in the resulting menu you can create or choose between different libraries. The “weight” of a library (in gigs) is not that important. Using a back up utility you can set the library to only back up the changes, rather than the entire 130 gigs every time.
How do I access my iPhoto library on my iPhone?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos. You can also open the Photos app, go to the Photos tab, and scroll to the bottom of your screen. On your Mac, open the Photos app.
How do I restore my iPhoto library?
Select the library in question in the library list in iPhoto Library Manager, then select the “Reveal Library in Finder” item from the “File” menu at the top of the screen. Follow the instructions on the following page to restore the backed up iPhoto library from Time Machine: Restore items backed up by Time Machine.