Do I need both Gallery and Google Photos?
On most Android phones there is a native photo app (including the Gallery you mention) and, if you install it, a Google Photos App. The Google Photos App will display all images that are either on your phone (already in the Gallery) or in the cloud (at photos.google.com), or both.
Where are my photos in gallery?
Steps to recover full version of deleted photos from Android Gallery:
- Go to the folder with the Gallery file on Android.
- Find . …
- Photos and images on Android are stored on SD card (the DCIM/Camera folder).
- Check if your phone reads the memory card.
- Unmount SD card from your phone.
Why the photos are not shown in the gallery?
Android uses a . nomedia extension file to restrict images stored inside a folder on the device to appear on the Gallery apps. In very rare cases, . nomedia file is generated by error inside every media directory on the device, restricting Gallery apps from indexing the media files inside those folders.
What is the difference between Google Photos and Google Gallery?
Google Photos is accessible everywhere — mobile, desktop and web. It is available on Android, iOS, and has a web version. … Gallery apps are exclusive to Android devices. While you can download third-party gallery apps on other Android devices, these apps seldom provide a backup option.
Why shouldn’t you use Google Photos?
It’s also unacceptable because it creates an excessive risk of sensitive data being exposed. People often take photos of things like private documents, or themselves naked. … Google is a data company that has a responsibility to its users to make sure that’s the case.
Do photos stay on Google photos if deleted from phone?
Open the Google Photos app on your Android phone. Tap on Free up device space from the side menu, and then tap on Free up button to remove those photos from your device. The deleted photos will still be present in Google Photos.
How do I recover photos from gallery?
Restore photos & videos
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- At the bottom, tap Library Trash .
- Touch and hold the photo or video you want to restore.
- At the bottom, tap Restore. The photo or video will be back: In your phone’s gallery app. In your Google Photos library. In any albums it was in.
What is a gallery photo?
: a large room for the exhibition of pictures also : a collection of pictures.
How do I move photos from gallery to photos?
Tap Select Photos and choose the photos and videos you want to move. Or, tap Select all to choose everything.
Move your photos to an SD card
- On your Android phone, open Gallery Go .
- Tap the photo or video you want to move.
- At the top right, tap More Move to. SD card.
- Select storage location, then tap Move here.
How can I hide my photos from gallery?
On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app . Sign in to your Google Account. Tap Menu Archive. Select a photo.
What is the difference between photos and gallery on Android?
UncleMike Android Expert
Photos is just a direct link to the photos portion of Google+. It can show all the photos on your device, plus all the automatically backed up photos (if you allow that backup to occur), and any photos in your Google+ albums. Gallery on the other hand can only show photos on your device.
Why can’t I see my photos on my SD card?
Pictures are set as hidden files on the SD card. Pictures on SD card are deleted by human error or virus attack. The SD card has been formatted, corrupted, or damaged. SD card error, which causes pictures can’t be recognized or detected by camera/computer.
Can I trust Google Photos?
NO place is entirely safe, and Google Photos is no exception. Many lost their photos by own mistakes, accounts may get hacked. A good backup is the best safety. … Then you can make a backup from the laptop to other media like external hard disk, thumb drive, or to another cloud service.
What is better than Google Photos?
9 Best Google Photos Alternatives
- Slidebox – Online Photo Storage App. …
- Adobe Bridge – A Photo App for Desktop. …
- Zyl – An App for Photo Collection Nerds. …
- Piwigo – A Professional Alternative to Google Photos. …
- Prime Photos from Amazon – Google Photos Lookalike. …
- Flicker – Social Media + Photo Gallery + Photo Editing.